Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rosemary Garlic & Cinnamon Raisin... All in a day's work!!

As I sit here writing this post, I am met with an abundance of smells.  Rosemary, Garlic, Cinnamon, Raisin, Red Lentils and Honey Roasted Peanuts (of which I just ate a couple).  I did make everything today except the Honey Roasted Peanuts (of which I just ate a couple more). 

I know I said yesterday that I was going to make Samosa Bread and Carrot Buns today, but I forgot to do the first step last night before I went to bed.  Therefore changing my plan to the breads that I mentioned above.  A good alternative I might add.

I realized today that I needed to bake bread for a soup supper at our church tomorrow (Friday) evening, but that I also was not going to be there for it.  I decided to get the baking done today so that I would not be as rushed tomorrow since we are heading to Portland for the weekend to see my Grandparents off.

The Rosemary Garlic Bread I found in Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book Of Breads.  The Cinnamon Raisin Bread I found Here.   In both of these recipes, I used 100% white whole wheat flour instead of whatever the recipe said.  I am still waiting for the Cinnamon Raisin Bread to raise, and once it is finished, I will take pictures and post those here. 

Rosemary ready to be mixed in

Adding flour till it's the right consistency 

I cleared off the counter to make room for making bread ;)

6 1/2 lbs of Rosemary Garlic goodness 

This could be an Ad for Bosch and Silpat

Almost fully risen

My little helper

Rosemary Garlic finished


I hope you are enjoying this experience with me, because I sure am having fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment